Flower Market: 1st week of December
December 8, 2009
AH, the floral markets are still thriving despite the insanely cold weather outside.
- Peony prices are continuing to drop, making some colors a very affordable choice right now, especially the Sarah Bernhardts!
- Those Hot Chocolate Calla Lillies we featured last week are also at fabulous prices right now!
- Tulips are finally around, although I haven’t seen too many of my all time favorite parrot and fringey tulips – those, I could design with forever! (despite the fact that they continue to grow ater cut – so exasperating! more on this on another post)
- Oriental lillies( which I am not a big fan of) are quite pretty right now, and prices are decent. I could see a tall glass vase with all white ones….
- LOVE Narcissus!!! the scent of those Paper whites just makes me smile! They are fabulous right now, and I am filling my office with them!
- Ranunculus from last week were tiny! Not so hot
- Got some garden spray roses in a beautiful ivory color, but it’s just not their time, they looked a bit small, and not as lush and stunning as in the summer. Buy with care.